State Park Camping Reservations Will Soon Be Easier
The system will be down for a week, but once it's back up, it will be easier to use and make more parks available for reservations.
Update: The system is now ready to use! Go forth and plan your outdoors adventures.
The Washington State Parks online reservation system will soon have a new look and new features. With a fresh design, easier-to-use interface and an expanded selection of locations that can be reserved, it will be easier for park goers to plan trips.
The state parks reservation site will be down from Jan. 8-15 for the transition; the new system launch is set for Jan. 16. While the system is down, open sites will be available first come, first served. (Previous reservations will still be honored during this time.) Additionally, unless a park has a standalone credit card machine, all payments during this week must be made by cash or check.
- Reserve on your phone! The new mobile-friendly interface will allow you to reserve a campsite from anywhere.
- If a specific campsite is available for only part of your stay, you'll now be able to reserve different campsites under the same multi-night reservation.
- Ability to reserve campsites for multiple trips in one transaction.
- Efficient check-in procedures. Show your reservation confirmation on your phone or drop off a hard copy of your confirmation letter at a self-pay station for a speedy check-in.
- Extra vehicle permits can now be purchased online to avoid extra hassle at check-in.
Need some inspiration on where to go? Try sampling one of these 10 iconic parks, or hiking one of these favorites. January 1 is also a fee free day at Washington State Parks — so ring in the new year with a free First Day Hike!