Recipe by Sarah Kirkconnell. www.trailcooking.com
About 1 serving
PREP TIME / COOK TIME
5 minutes / 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1/4 cup cooked and dehydrated lentils
- 1 tbsp diced dried bell peppers
- 1 tbsp diced dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp diced dried onions
- 1 tsp tomato powder
- 1 packet True lemon powder
- 1/8 tsp each of salt, sugar, and garlic powder
- 2 soft taco size tortillas
- 1-2 ounces Queso Fresco cheese
Optional: cilantro, hot sauce packets
Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add 1/2 cup water to a pint freezer bag with rice, stir and seal tightly.
Add 1/2 cup water to another pint freezer bag with lentils and all of the spices, stir well and seal tightly. Put both bags into a cozy for 15 minutes.
Crumble or dice the cheese. Top the tortillas with the fillings, sprinkle the cheese on and fold over.