Recipe by Sarah Kirkconnel, www.trailcooking.com
About 2 servings
PREP TIME / COOK TIME
5 minutes / 20 minutes
- 1 cup dried instant hash browns
- 1/4 cup diced dried onions
- 4 tsp low-sodium vegetable or beef bouillon
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp diced dried garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup parmesan chese
- 1/2 cup fried onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Add the seasonings, and hash browns to a pot with 4 cups water. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes for the vegetables to rehydrate.
Add the oil, stir well and bring to a boil. Lower the flame to low, cover and simmer on a low boil for five minutes.
Turn off the stove and add the cheese, potatoes, and fried onions to the pot. Stir well, taste for seasoning and add more pepper and salt as desired.